Welcome to Boobs and Oreos

This is a blog about the insanely average lives of Taylor Smith and Cody Kaufman.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Black Panther.

   Today at work was just like any other day, delivered furniture all around town listening to these FM headphones and shooting a cap gun, saw an armless guy riding a electric scooter, had 2 cops called into the shop because of a nut job customer. Basically the stuff that happens on the reg. But then, the bossman tells me and my coworker that he's sending us to do a repo job today. So we head down to good ol' north Omaha into this rundown apartment building, take all of their furniture and crap, and I spot a pile of garbage. Nothing unusual for this type of apartment. But under this pile of clothes and rubble, I see a broken panther statue...
   I asked the landlord if that little number was going with us and he said "Well I was just going to throw that table away.." Uuuuuuuum a table?? Is this guy completely oblivious to how cool this thing is? Its a freakin panther table. Not just a panther statue. A table. Straight pimp material. Now the guy I'm with also doesn't see the potential that this table has and tells me to leave it. Heart dropped. Dreams shattered. Boner now a softy. But then out of nowhere this sweet angel of a landlord tells me he'll leave it for me after I get off work. Boner, skywards.
   So yea, I am now the proud owner of a black panther coffee table. Just needs a little TLC. But I guarantee you that you don't have one. And yes bragging is allowed in this situation.

-Cody


 

No comments:

Post a Comment