Welcome to Boobs and Oreos

This is a blog about the insanely average lives of Taylor Smith and Cody Kaufman.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gum Wall.

    Its been almost 2 years since we had to put this masterpiece six feet under. By six feet under I mean in the trash. It started off as a single piece of gum that someone stuck inside my locker at school. Everyday, there it was, staring at me.
   One day I decide to do something, but little did I know it would go down in the books as one of the greatest masterpieces in Lincoln Southeast High School history. I put my piece of gum right on top of it. A class later I go to my locker and see one of my best friends putting his gum right on top of mine. We looked at each other and instantly knew. Lets build a tower. Pretty soon word spread around school about what was going on in locker C116. We had people lining up to be a part of this secret masterpiece. We told everyone that if the janitors found out about this, everything would be ruined.

   Weeks go by, and it is no longer a tower, but a wall. The Gum Wall. People everyday lining up with their used gum in hand. This thing was getting out of control. Taking over. One day, my friend and I get a call out into the hallway. We thought we were caught... But no, it was the yearbook staff wanting to do a story on our creation. We knew if we said anything we would get busted eventually. We didn't care. We were too proud of this creation to keep it a secret for any longer. Yolo at its finest.
  Last day of school, everyone has their yearbooks, everyone knows now. I leave early that day because everyone knows the last day of school is the worst and nobody wants to be there. I get home only to receive a call from my friend. "Cody, you have to come back to school, the janitors found the wall and we have to take it down." Heart dropped. I knew this was the last time I would ever see this beautiful piece of art and I wasn't ready to say goodbye. I get there, Gum Wall goes straight into the trash. A single tear fell from my face as I said a little prayer. I will never forget you Wall... You are and always will be in my thoughts and prayers. Now there is one more picture of this beast in its final resting spot, but its harder to find than Bin Laden's death picture. If it's ever found, I'll make sure to let you guys know.






-Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment